Dec 01–Dec 02
818 Douglas Street
Total Available Spaces: 30
ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) is a two-day skills-building workshop that prepares caregivers and community members of all kinds to provide suicide first aid interventions. Professionals, volunteers and informal helpers all need to know how to help persons with thoughts of suicide in ways that increase their safety.
As an ASIST-trained first aid intervention caregiver, you will be better able to:
- identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- understand how your beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions
- seek a shared understanding of the reasons for thoughts of suicide and the reasons for living
- review current risk and develop a plan to increase safety from suicidal behaviour for an agreed amount of time
- follow up on all safety commitments, accessing further help as needed
Additional information about the ASIST workshop can be found here. (update link)
Refund Policy: Registrations cancelled seven (7) or more days prior to the workshop are refundable, minus a $50 administration fee. Cancellations less than seven days prior to the workshop are non-refundable. If at anytime you are unable to attend, you may transfer your registration to another person at no extra cost (please contact our office with the name of the person taking your place). NEED2 reserves the right to cancel or postpone training due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment; a full refund will be issued if the session is cancelled or postponed.
Registrations will not forwarded to the next available workshop. Participants will be responsible for re registration into the next available workshop upon refund.