Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training
ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training) is a two-day skills-building workshop that prepares caregivers and community members of all kinds to provide suicide first aid interventions. Professionals, volunteers and informal helpers all need to know how to help persons with thoughts of suicide in ways that increase their safety.
As an ASIST-trained first aid intervention caregiver, you will be better able to:
- identify people who have thoughts of suicide
- understand how your beliefs and attitudes can affect suicide interventions
- seek a shared understanding of the reasons for thoughts of suicide and the reasons for living
- review current risk and develop a plan to increase safety from suicidal behaviour for an agreed amount of time
- follow up on all safety commitments, accessing further help as needed
Additional information about the ASIST workshop can be found here.
- No upcoming sessions at this time
Registration is $295 per person, $240 for students. This price includes all training materials.
For more information about when our ASIST trainings are being offered, to register as an individual, or to inquire about private group rates for your organization send an email to email@example.com.
Please note: A $50 non-refundable deposit will be required at the time of registration in NEED2 Community ASIST workshops in order to hold your spot. Full payment is due Ten (10) business days prior to the training date.
Refund Policy: Deposits are non-refundable. Cancellation of registration received ten (10) business days or more prior to the workshop will receive a full refund minus the deposit. Cancellation of registration received less than ten (10) business days of workshop are non-refundable.
NEED2 reserves the right to cancel or postpone training due to unforeseen circumstances or under-enrolment; a full refund will be issued if the session is cancelled or postponed.
NEED2 is pleased to offer ASIST and safeTALK certification training to any community member or group. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on private group bookings.