safeTALK is a 3-4 hour training that can be taken by anyone over the age of 15, regardless of prior experience or training. This workshop prepares participants to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through a person with thoughts of suicide’s words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as a caregiver trained in ASIST.
- Presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks registered trainer
- Access to support from a local community resource person
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- The simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Hands-on skills practice and development
Additional information about the safeTALK workshop can be found at LivingWorks.
- No upcoming sessions at this time
The cost of a SafeTALK: $750 for a group of 10-25 participants. This price includes all workshop materials.
For more information about how you can have NEED2 deliver a SafeTALK workshop for your organization or community group, or to inquire about registering as an individual send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.