safeTALK is a half-day alertness training that prepares anyone over the age of 15, regardless of prior experience or training, to become a suicide-alert helper. Most people with thoughts of suicide don’t truly want to die, but are struggling with the pain in their lives. Through their words and actions, they invite help to stay alive. safeTALK-trained helpers can recognize these invitations and take action by connecting them with life-saving intervention resources, such as caregivers trained in ASIST.
- Presentations and guidance from a LivingWorks registered trainer
- Access to support from a local community resource person
- Powerful audiovisual learning aids
- The simple yet effective TALK steps: Tell, Ask, Listen, and KeepSafe
- Hands-on skills practice and development
Additional information about the safeTALK workshop can be found at LivingWorks.
- No upcoming sessions at this time
Registration is $45 per person, $35 for students and seniors (65+).
Please note, we require both your payment and your completed registration form in order to register you and hold your seat.
We are pleased to be able to offer safeTALK training to any community member or group (max 30 people)! Register below for an upcoming course or contact firstname.lastname@example.org (or 250-386-6328) for group bookings.